My name is Ian Brown. I do these comics for my university paper. Here are things you should do at this site:

1. Read comics from last year (link below)

2. Read comics from this year

3. Leave comments

4. Send me e-mails (IanSkylerBrown@yahoo.com)

Sunday, April 20, 2008

New comics coming tomorrow. In the meantime I hope everyone liked my guest comics. Other than comics I've spent the last few weeks on school junk.

-I loved this New York Times Magazine feature on Chris Matthews. The part about Matthews' obsession with Tim Russert is hilarious and reveals a lot about both men.

-I'm making my way through a few books, to varying degrees of success. I picked up "Clockers" because it's by Richard Price, who wrote for the Wire, which I believe to be the best television show of all time. "Clockers" is, unsurprisingly, a lot like the Wire, but in a good way. I'm also reading "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" by Jeff Chang. It's the best book I've ever read about the history of rap music. And finally, I'm trying to finish "Negro with a Hat" about Marcus Garvey, but it's slow and long so I'm not sure if I'll finish it before school ends.

-And of course I'm constantly watching the NBA Playoffs. I'm rooting for the Mavs, Hornets, Spurs and Celtics and rooting against the Suns, Pistons and Lakers.

I think that was my longest blog entry ever.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Collins, CO, United States
My name is Ian Brown